When choosing a website host there are quite a number of things
that you should consider. There are many good hosts out there but
there are also a lot of bad hosts. So how do you choose the hosting
service that is right for you? Here's a quick guide:
- Price - Is it affordable?
- Bandwidth - Is the amount of bandwidth they're providing going to
be enough for your site? Do they allow you to upgrade to a package with more
bandwidth if needs be? What happens if you go over your monthly bandwidth - a
- Disc Space - Again is it going to be sufficient?
- Software - What software is installed on the server. Will PHP run
on it etc...?
- Others - How many add-on, parked and sub-domains do they allow?
- Technical Support - Do they provide any technical support? If they
have a forum is it active? If so try joining and asking the others about their
experiences with that host.
- Reviews - Search the web and see if anyone has written a review about
them. If not ask in a webmaster forum.
- The Company - Where are they based?
- Setup Fee - Do they charge a one-time setup fee?
Although we have provided this concise guide, we believe that the best
option would be to join a webmaster community such as DigitalPoint and ask
other webmasters for suggestions. They might even host the site for you if
they have a reseller package.
Back to The New Webmaster's Resource Page ]
Copyright © 2017 SiteToolCenter.com
Best Viewed With Mozilla FireFox